and I hate it. Not really, but I want my vacation to start already! I've been off since Aug 1st, and can't leave for WI until Dennis is off work. And I'm doing my best not to spend money on ANYTHING, so I've been pretty bored. I've never been one of those people who does well with nothing to do. I'd rather be at work, quite frankly. At least there are patients to laugh with/at there. I feel like a slacker, sleeping in and watching too much HGTV while all my fellow 'terns work their butts off.
Of course, I'm excited to head back to WI. I miss everybody, and I'm just not comfortable in VA yet. I like my job, and I love my house, and that's about it. People suck at driving here, I know practically nobody, and the people I do know are too busy to hang out with me! I'm sure I'll get more and more comfortable, and everyone I know will get more used to going out despite little or no sleep the night before, but for now its hard.
Today Dennis and I went to the county fair. It was the biggest disappointment! Everything was set up in crappy tents, and I'm used to the tons of animals, activities and other stuff that the Kenosha fair has. This one had maybe 1/4 of that, and far fewer animals. I expected fewer cows, but there were maybe 5 horses and a couple of donkeys. I even brought my camera, to take pics, but was too bummed to do that. Dennis pointed out that it was the last day, and many of them probably went home, but still! It pretty much ruined my day (see how much I have to look forward to here?). So I went home and made some brownies and now I feel better :). Its sad how little there is to do here. Especially when on a budget. Sigh.
At least I've been busying myself with reading for school, so I can continue to answer somewhat intelligently when pimped at morning report. Yep, that's right, I said pimping. Those of you not in medicine: pimping is asking questions of someone under you that you already know the answer to. Its usually done to med students. Except here, where the interns get pimped every morning at about 6:30 am. Nothing like dozing off in your chair at conference, waking up just in time to hear "Dr. Burpees, why don't you tell us the Henche classes of diverticulitis?" Whoo hoo. I'm already looking forward to not being an intern, and I have about 11 months to go.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes! Is it called pimping because that makes whoever is answering the question "the bitch" as in "now you're my bitch?" It sounds like a stupid way to motivate people to learn. What happened to professionalism?
yeah that sounds about right. Really, its meant to be a learning tool, when used right. Its only when it becomes a sneering game of 'look how smart I am' that it gets ugly. Mostly here its benign, just tough to take at 6:30am sometimes.
Post a Comment